Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Themes let you customize every aspect of the design and functionality of a WordPress site. But what if you want to let your client customize some aspect of the theme? Perhaps you want to sell a theme on Envato Market and you want to let buyers adjust the color scheme and logo to match their brand. Thatâ€™s where the WordPress theme Customizer comes in. By making your theme customizer-ready, you let site owners instantly change their website look and feel from within the WordPress admin UI.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Rachel McCollin will teach you how to harness the power of the Customizer in your themes. Youâ€™ll see how easy it is to let users of your theme customize the color scheme of their site and add elements like logos and text.
What Youâ€™ll Learn
- The Customizer interface in WordPress, how to interact with it, and how to set up Customizer support in your theme.
- How to create a control that lets users add text to their site.
- How to enable image uploads in the Customizer.
- How to create color picker controls to let users edit the color scheme.
About the Instructor
Rachel McCollin is a WordPress developer who writes books, articles and tutorials about web design and development, with a focus on WordPress and on responsive and mobile development. She runs a web design agency in Birmingham, UK and has published three books on WordPress. Find out more on her website, on Twitter, or on LinkedIn.